Welcome from ACC Library!
Please use the research guides below if you need help locating books, databases, websites and other materials for your ACC courses. If you have any questions regarding using and locating library resources, please call, email or stop by the library for assistance. We're here to help!
Subject Research Guides
- Last Updated Jul 30, 2014
This guide contains a full list of resources organized by name.
3,430 views this year
- Last Updated Jan 14, 2014
28,152 views this year
- Last Updated Jul 8, 2014
133 views this year
- Last Updated Sep 30, 2014
90 views this year
- Last Updated Apr 1, 2014
285 views this year
- Last Updated Aug 20, 2014
329 views this year
- Last Updated Feb 3, 2014
101 views this year
- Last Updated Sep 3, 2014
Please use this research guide for your DRE 098 research paper assignment.
763 views this year
- Last Updated Apr 25, 2014
82 views this year
- Last Updated Sep 16, 2014
3,797 views this year
- Last Updated Oct 22, 2014
897 views this year
- Last Updated Jun 2, 2014
257 views this year
- Last Updated Apr 22, 2014
243 views this year
- Last Updated Aug 25, 2014
281 views this year
- Last Updated Jul 25, 2013
This guide will provide you with information on how you can access E-Books through the library via electronic databases and E-Book readers that are available for checkout.
85 views this year
- Last Updated Sep 15, 2014
295 views this year
- Last Updated Oct 27, 2014
957 views this year
- Last Updated Sep 23, 2014
This research guide will help you locate psychology resources in the library and online.
223 views this year
- Last Updated Sep 29, 2014
805 views this year
Learning Resources Center
Book a research consultation with the Reference Librarian!
What is a Library Research Consultation?
Research consultations are one-on-one blocks of individualized, uninterrupted time with the reference librarian on how to effectively use the library for research. Research consultations are given priority to Alamance Community College students. If you need more immediate assistance, please contact the library at 336-506-4116 or stop by the reference desk for assistance.
What is covered during a research consultation?
It depends on your assignment and what kind of information you may need.
The following areas may be covered during a consultation:
1. Use of the library’s online catalog to find books and AV materials.
2. Searching electronic databases for articles pertaining to your assignment.
3. Searching the Internet for appropriate sources.
4. Finding an effective search strategy for your assignment or topic.
5. Assistance with citing your sources.
What is NOT covered during a research consultation?
1. Writing, editing or proofing your assignment. Please register for an appointment with the Writing Center at https://alamance.mywconline.com .
2. Answering questions pertaining to your assignment.
How long do research consultations last?
Consultations may last from 15 minutes to one hour depending on the nature of the assignment.
How do I contact the library to schedule a consultation?
Email the library at email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Please allow two business days for us to get back with you.
Please include the following information in your request:
1. Your name and phone number.
2. Date and time for your appointment. Please give an alternate date/time in case your preferred time does not work.
3. Class and instructor’s name.
4. A few details about your assignment.
5. Due date for your assignment.
What do I need to bring to the research consultation?
1. Your assignment or syllabus.
2. Any information that you have found for your assignment.
3. A positive attitude and a smile.
When are research consultations available?
Research consultations are available Monday - Thursday – 8:00 am – 3:30 pm and Fridays 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. If you need an evening appointment, appointments will be made depending on staff availability. Please note that during the summer schedule, availability for appointments may vary depending on staff and the library’s operating hours.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the appointment or call 336-506-4116 to speak to a library staff member.